The NDI is seeking to hire a Deputy Chief of Party to support its political party development program in Pakistan. The position is based in Islamabad, Pakistan and available in July 2015. A commitment of at least one year is expected for this position. Adult dependents only are allowed at post.
- Support the Chief of Party in providing leadership of NDI Pakistan’s operations
- Work with Chief of Party and senior staff on program planning and budgeting processes
- Support the timely and quality completion of program technical, financial and grant deliverables, including monitoring and evaluation activities, quarterly reporting and expense reporting
- Coordinate with NDI program sub-grantees to achieve program objectives
- Oversee the monitoring and evaluation team and ensure that systems are in place to track progress of multiple programs
- Work with the Chief of Party to effective coordinate activities and manage relationships with USAID, other international organizations and donors, government representatives, civil society, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Manage office filing and archive systems, and oversee the compilation and maintenance of local databases as required;
- Conduct program activities as a coordinator, facilitator, presenter and trainer
- Draft program support documents and regular internal reports, as needed
- Other duties as required.
- A minimum of 14 years of experience in international development, organizational management or non-profit sector management. International development experience preferred;
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in international development, public administration or related field; graduate degree preferred;
- Ability to live and work in a challenging political environment; prior experience in conflict or post-conflict settings preferred;
- Experience with projects supported by USAID and other international donors;
- Superior office and staff management skills, with a high degree of organization and attention to detail;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to present information, respond to questions and contribute to written proposals and reports in a professional manner;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with staff, donors and local partners;
- Capacity to develop and implement effective strategies for accomplishing assigned duties;
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision; capacity to work both independently and as a member of a team;
- Excellent knowledge of PC-based word processing, database and spreadsheet applications;
- Fluent in written and spoken English; knowledge of Urdu a plus.
NDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this position, please visit NDI's website at: www.ndi.org/careers