NDI is seeking a program manager to work as part of its Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) team in supporting the Institute’s capacity to monitor, evaluate and learn from its programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The M&E Program Manager will manage the achievement of the following:
An M&E and Gender Mainstreaming initiative for the Institute. Responsibilities will include managing project staff in:
- Amending NDI’s existing M&E tools to be gender-sensitive;
- Developing additional gender-sensitive tools and guidelines for NDI’s online M&E Toolbox;
- Developing an online training curriculum for two Communities of Practice; and
- Developing an M&E Manual and CDs.
A performance indicator tracking systems for a democracy assistance consortium. Responsibilities will include:
- Completing an institutional needs and assets assessment;
- Liaising with administrative teams in identifying system requirements;
- Liaising with consortium partners to define indicator protocols and roll out an agreed-upon database; and
- Developing and delivering face-to-face and online training to DC and field-based staff on the use of the indicator tracking system.
Technical Assistance in M&E to NDI program teams. Duties will include:
- Assessing requests for M&E assistance through MEL’s case management system;
- Assigning staff to provide technical assistance in DC or to NDI’s programs overseas; and
- Providing direct technical assistance to NDI’s overseas programs.
Online M&E Tools and Resources for Project Startup and Management. Duties will include, managing MEL staff in:
- Finalizing online performance monitoring tools and resources;
- Developing a manual and CD;
- Training DC and field-based staff in using M&E for project startup and management; and
- supporting regional team to hire qualified M&E staff.
Effective systems for monitoring MEL institutional performance: Duties include managing MEL staff in:
- Collecting, analyzing and visualizing MEL performance data for team strategy discussions and course correction;
- Drafting proposals and reports for MEL initiatives;
- Tracking MEL team’s budget expenditures;
- Managing contracts with consultants; and
- Coaching and managing the performance of MEL staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in Public or Business Administration, International Development or related subject.
- A minimum of seven (7) years relevant work experience in managing programs and staff in international development, organizational development and/or program monitoring and reporting. Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for educational requirement on a one-for-one basis.
- Proven track record in designing, establishing and maintaining performance monitoring and reporting systems.
- Experience managing teams and supervising staff with diverse technical skills.
- Experience in providing technical guidance and training.
- Living or working experience outside the U.S. preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of staff, U.S. and foreign government personnel, members of donor organizations, and policy makers.
- Superior oral communications skills to effectively present information, respond to questions and negotiate.
- Superior data management, analysis, interpretation and visualization skills.
- Understanding of organizational systems and structures.
- Superior report writing skills, clear and persuasive and experienced enough to edit all types of team documents.
- Competency in one or more areas of NDI’s functional programs.
- Experienced management and leadership skills in order to lead, inspire and motivate staff.
- Experience in program design and management.
- Working knowledge of PC-based word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) strongly desired.
- Seasoned budget and accounting skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel to regional locations, which are often remote and difficult to reach.
- Foreign language ability applicable to region preferred.
NDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this position, please visit NDI's website at www.ndi.org/careers.