NDI is recruiting a resident country director with strong management skills and political or civic experience to oversee the implementation of the Institute's programs in Tunisia. The position will be based Tunis but will require travel throughout the country and to other locations in the Middle East and North Africa region as needed. This position is contingent upon donor approval of key personnel.
- Oversee the design and implementation of NDI’s programs in coordination with Tunisia- and DC-based program staff;
- Provide day-to-day management and oversight of national and expatriate program staff in the field office;
- Represent NDI and build professional relationships with, Tunisian government officials, legislators and staff, political party leaders, local non-governmental organizations, the media, representatives of the U.S. government and other members of the international and donor community;
- Serve as a resource for political and civic leaders and activists in response to their specific questions and requests for assistance;
- Design training workshops and implement programs in collaboration with in-country field staff and pro-bono trainers or short-term consultants;
- Oversee the development, review and timely submission of program activity reports, monthly field reports, monitoring and evaluation data, political/security updates and other program related materials;
- Monitor programs to determine that programmatic goals are achieved and that operational and reporting requirements are adhered to;
- Comply with NDI-DC and Tunisian policies and procedures, as well as adhere to funder/donor regulations, ensuring the integrity of all financial transactions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a field of study related to political science, international development, or international affairs;
- Minimum fourteen (14) years substantive political and technical experience, with demonstrated experience in at least two of the following areas:
- democratic governance development, preferably with parliaments, and constituent engagement;
- civil society activism;
- issue-based advocacy;
- election campaigns and observation;
- political party development; and/or
- women’s political participation.
- Prior management of US government-funded programs;
- Leadership experience in program design and personnel management;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior political and civic leaders as well as members of the donor and diplomatic community;
- Ability to communicate and adapt skills and experience to others as a trainer, advisor and consultant;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English; French or Arabic fluency highly desirable;
- Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) strongly desired;
- Experience living and working overseas and an ability to work in a challenging environment is highly desirable.
To apply for this position, please visit NDI's website at www.ndi.org/careers